Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My Favorite Library Conversation of the Summer

I have to share this one because it made me laugh, more than once.  Even in the retelling I thought it was hilarious. 

I think this may well be my favorite library anecdote of the summer:

I was signing up a group of girls for our Summer reading program and they were kind of hovering around, watching the screen with me.    There is a line where we fill in random letters to verify it is not a bot signing up.  One of them read the following to her friends :

CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

And then she asked quite earnestly, "Do you GET many aliens trying to sign up for this?"


What's not to love?

1 comment:

  1. Bwahahahahaaaa! I cannot stop laughing! That is hilarious, one for the books.
    Thanks for sharing it!!

    ReplyDelete