Friday, August 12, 2011

3k for my Birthday

Isn't that a catchy title?  Kinda forces you to say "birthday" with a weird inflection doesn't it? : )

Anyway, the 3k is not money or kilometers or cheapo 3 karrot gold. (is there such a thing?)

It represents the 3,000 page views that I've gotten on this blog.  I just hit this number today, on my birthday.

And that, my friends is a true gift to me.  One you have been giving since January.

Yes, a good two thirds of those page views have to be from my family (they are generous that way), but that still leaves a fair chunk of page views left to people unrelated to me.

Your interest and remarks have both fueled and rewarded my efforts.

I have felt daunted on and off by the fact that there are so many examples of excellent and amazing blog writing one click away on the internet.

I have thought of this quote when I've considered stopping:

Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang the best.    ~ Henry Van Dyke
 In my very first post I wrote,
CS Lewis said, "We read to know we are not alone." I have lately become convinced that we often write for the very same reason. 
Thanks for joining me in this forest and listening to this song.

I hope you'll stick around for the next 3k.  : )

2 comments:

  1. You have got me Birthday Girl! Love you and enjoy reading your blogs every time you post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Jodi! I too enjoy reading your posts and have prayed for you during the not so easy times and rejoiced with you through the good, fun times.

    ReplyDelete